Vacancy: Bookings and Events Manager
We are seeking an experienced Events Manager to join the Aerial Edge team, where you will be responsible for delivering a range of exceptional events, workshops and performances both internally and externally.
Overview Reporting to the General Manager, the Events Manager will be responsible for delivering events and performances of the highest standard both internally and externally. You will manage both one-off and regular bookings and events including parties, workshops, performances and the annual Aerial Edge Circus Convention.
- Managing internal and external group workshop bookings for a range of clients from community workshops to corporate team building events.
- Managing performance bookings and liaising with venues and clients to create custom performance events.
- Working with clients from initial enquiry to final delivery of the event to create exceptional custom events that meet their budget and expectations.
- Maintaining relationships with existing venues and clients including managing regular performance deals and building new relationships for performer bookings.
- Preparing and creating quotes for potential bookings and following up on requests. Creating invoices for client bookings, receiving and paying artist invoices.
- Preparing & issuing contracts for bookings.
- Liaise with Marketing and Communications Officer to promote Aerial Edge performers and events.
- Maintaining up to date information for performers including any promotional material they may have for their acts.
- Preparing all necessary risk assessments and paperwork required.
- Attending site visits as required.
- Attending bookings with artists as the point of contact for both client and artists and acting as artist liaison ensuring artists have everything they need.
- Managing resources and logistics required for external workshops and performances including staffing, equipment and vehicle hire.
- Responsible for all aspects of the planning and logistics for internal events including the Aerial Edge Circus Convention and student shows.
- Working with the General Manager to manage staff and allocate resources for events appropriately.
- Ensuring that all parties are aware of their roles and responsibilities, budgets are adhered to and deadlines are met.
- Managing accommodation for visiting teachers/ artists during events.
You must have an excellent working knowledge of Circus Arts and the Scottish performing arts scene. You must hold a demonstrable track record of successfully managing a wide variety of events and performances styles and their associated logistics and budgets.
30/h per week with potential for overtime around peak times of the year. Rate of pay: £10/h
How to Apply :
Send a CV and covering letter for the attention of the General Manager Amy Shipway to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 23rd of November. Interviews will be held on the morning of Friday 30th November.